We are a paediatric occupational therapy practice and treat infants and children from birth to 18 years of age.
Our special interests include:
- Infants who are found to be fussy
- Infants who are at risk due to prematurity or developmental delay
- Infants and children who present as fussy feeders through FeedingMatterz
- Children who present with CVI (Cerebral Visual Impairment) through VisuoMatterz
- Children presenting with sensory processing difficulties
- Children struggling with preschool / learning within their academic environment
- Children with diagnosed conditions such as Cerebral Palsy, Syndromes, ADHD, Autism, Learning Difficulties, Dyslexia, Developmental Delays
In addition to parent education, support and therapeutic intervention, we also understand that helping a child with a disability or difficulty can be overwhelming. Parents often don’t know where to start or where to go next. Managing this process can be a difficult one and we are able to assist parents in designing the ‘road-map’ ahead.
We strongly believe that education and training of parents and teachers is important in supporting our children and thus offer workshops on various topics throughout the year. These are communicated on our facebook page SensoryMattersOT as well as on our Instragram page. We have also partnered with the Eduvation Network making our teacher workshops available online.
We offer individual and group sessions which are decided upon after consideration of a combination of factors including the child’s therapy needs as well as financial and time factors. Sessions range between 30 and 60 minutes and are usually held once a week for a period of 6 months after which a reassessment is conducted and recommendations are made.
COVID 19… for the duration of COVID 19 and lockdown, Sensory Matters is proud to be able to offer Telehealth Online sessions using Zoom – contact us for more information about these services.